Is African violet edible?

Is African violet edible?

Is African violet edible?

So, can you eat violets? Indeed, you can! Violets, both the leaves and flowers, contain high amounts of vitamin C and vitamin A. The edible violet plant can be used to make syrups, brew teas, and in baked desserts.

Are African violets safe for children?

Though African violets are not known to be toxic, it is generally never a good idea to let a child chow down on any houseplant, as individuals may have varying sensitivities to the plant's sap or hairy leaves. Children can also choke on ingested leaves or plant parts.

Is African Violet poisonous to dogs?

By the way, African violets are non-toxic to curious cats, dogs, and horses, according to the ASPCA Toxic and Non-Toxic Plants page. This information should offer some comfort to parents of curious cats that enjoy the taste of this lovely houseplant.

Is the African violet plant poisonous to children?

Though African violets are not known to be toxic, it is generally never a good idea to let a child chow down on any houseplant, as individuals may have varying sensitivities to the plant's sap or hairy leaves.

Is the fuzz on an African violet harmful?

Many fuzz-covered plants are skin irritants, but African violet isn’t reported to cause rashes or other harm. In fact, classrooms often use African violets for hands-on demonstrations of plant propagation, since happy, vigorously growing plants produce offshoots that transplant easily.

Is it OK to water an African violet plant?

Everyone knows plants need water to survive, and a child may be particularly eager to give special attention to an African violet by watering it frequently. However, this is one of the primary reasons African violets fail as houseplants -- overwatering quickly leads to rotting and decline.

Can a dog eat an African violet plant?

Contact with African violets will not harm your dog. You may want to prevent your dog from ingesting the plants, however, as any unfamiliar material that is taken internally may cause an allergic reaction or diarrhea. Your dog should have no reason to eat an African violet although some dogs will eat anything they can reach.

Related Posts: